SIOC COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TRUST (SIOC-CDT) BURSARY FUND 2024
SIOC Community Development Trust (SIOC-CDT) invites learners and students to apply for the 2024 bursary funding for post-matric study.
This funding opportunity is aimed at supporting the youth from our beneficiary communities (Gamagara; Ga-Segonyana; Joe Morolong; Tsantsabane and Thabazimbi) to prepare for an economically sustainable livelihood.
Our bursary fund covers the following:
Registration and tuition fees, accommodation, prescribed study material, laptop, monthly stipend and assistive devices (to enhance learning) for those with disabilities.
Who Can Apply?
Who can apply?
Only SA Citizens who are residing in and/or originates from SIOC-CDT beneficiary communities:
- Age of applicant must be less than 35 years by the closing date of the application;
- Admitted at the relevant Public Higher Education Institution for 2024 academic year;
- In financial need to fund under/postgraduate study with preference given to undergraduates.
Preference will be given to people living with disabilities.
Qualifications to be prioritised (does not mean others should not apply):
|Agriculture||• Veterinarian • Livestock Product Analyst • Environmental Officer • Agricultural Economist • Agricultural Engineer • Food Technologists • Food Technicians|
|Health and Clinical related Sciences||• MBChB • Pharmacy • Dentistry • Advanced EMS • Nursing • Chemical, Biological, Medical Lab Sciences • Biochemistry|
|Education||• BEd. FET Mathematics • BEd. FET Physical Science • BEd. Natural Sciences • Economic and Management Science • BEd. Foundation Phase • BEd. Language • BEd. Special Needs|
|Tourism||• Hospitality Management • Arts and Culture Heritage • Ecotourism Management|
|Business Management and Economics||• Accounting • Economics • Auditing and Tax • Actuarial Science • Statistics and Mathematics • Project Management|
|Engineering and Sciences||• Quantity Surveying • Civil Engineering • Architecture • Geology • Electrical Engineering • Town Planning • Environmental Health|
|Information Technology||• Computer Sciences and Communication • Software Development • Data Science/Analytics • Web Design and Development|
How To Apply:
Submit the completed application form to the Bursary Office with all the relevant supporting documents below:
- A completed SIOC-CDT Bursary Application Form,
- A certified copy of latest matric results including mid-year Grade 12 results, or latest university/academic results where application is for funding 2nd year onwards,
- Proof of acceptance at a public recognised Higher Education Institution (University/TVET/FET College),
- A certified copy of your South African ID,
- Proof of residence,
- Proof of combined income of parent(s) or guardian(s) (inclusive of all net income) – Use the recent three months’ payslips and recent three months bank statements, or affidavit where there is no income,
- Relevant medical note in the case of a disability.
Where To Submit:
Where to submit:
SIOC-CDT OFFICE PARK
CORNER HENDRICK VAN ECK AND IAN FLEMMING ROAD
THABAZIMBI BUSINESS HUB
11 JOURDAN STREET, MOLLIES BUILDING
Feedback on applications:
All applicants should please note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants who will further undergo a process of interviews. If you have not been contacted latest by 06th February 2024, please consider your application unsuccessful.
SIOC-CDT's primary goal is to implement sustainable socio-economic initiatives through partnering with key stakeholders to ensure that beneficiary communities have sustainable income and are empowered to thrive beyond the lifespan of the mine.