SIOC COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TRUST (SIOC-CDT) BURSARY SCHEME 2023
To continue supporting young people to prepare for an economically sustainable life, SIOC-CDT invites learners and students in our beneficiary communities to apply for the 2023 bursary funding.
The relevant community areas are within the municipal jurisdictions below:
- Gamagara Local Municipality, Northern Cape;
- Ga-Segonyana Local Municipality, Northern Cape;
- Tsantsabane Local Municipality, Northern Cape;
- Joe Morolong Local Municipality, Northern Cape; and
- Thabazimbi Local Municipality, Limpopo.
Who Can Apply?
- preferably below 35 years old;
- admitted at the relevant Public Higher Education Institution for 2023 academic year;
- in financial need to fund under/postgraduate study with preference given to undergraduates, and
- preference will be given to people living with disabilities.
The 2023 bursary funding covers successful candidates with the following:
- Tuition and registration fees
- Prescribed study material
- Quarterly stipend
- Assistive devices (to enhance learning) included are for those with disabilities
|Agriculture||• Veterinarian • Livestock product analyst • Environmental officer • Agricultural economist • Agricultural engineer food technologists • Food technicians|
|Health and clinical related sciences||• MBChB • Pharmacy • Dentistry • Advanced EMS • Nursing • Chemical, Biological, Medical Lab sciences • Biochemistry|
|Education||• BEd. FET Mathematics • BEd. FET Physical science • BEd. Natural sciences • Economic and Management Science • BEd. Foundation Phase • BEd. Language • BEd. Special Needs|
|Tourism||• Hospitality Management • Arts and Culture Heritage • Ecotourism Management|
|Business management and economics||• Accounting • Economics • Auditing and Tax • Actuarial Science • Statistics and mathematics • Project Management|
|Engineering and Sciences||• Quantity Surveying • Civil Engineering • Architecture • Geology • Electrical Engineering • Town planning • Environmental health|
|Information Technology||• Computer Sciences and communication • Software Development • Data Science/Analytics • Web design and development|
How To Apply:
- Fill in the electronic form here: https://duxpd.co.za/sioc-cdt-2023-online-bursary-application-form/
- Download the application form here, or
- Collect the form at our SIOC-CDT offices in Kathu or Thabazimbi Hub; or
- Collect the form at the nearest circuit office of the Department of Education; and
- Complete the form and submit with all the below supporting documents attached.
- A certified copy of latest matric results including mid-year Grade 12 results, or latest university/college academic results where application is for funding 2nd year onwards,
- Proof of acceptance at a recognised public Higher Education Institution (University/TVET/FET College).
- A one-page cover letter to motivate your case for financial need.
- A certified copy of your South African ID.
- Proof of residence.
- Proof of combined income of parent(s) or guardian(s) or affidavit where there is no income: and
- Relevant medical note in the case of a disability.
Where To Submit:
Submit applications to SIOC-CDT by no later than 13th January 2023 via:
SIOC-CDT office park
Corner Hendrick van Eck and Ian Flemming Road
THABAZIMBI BUSINESS hub
11 Jourdan Street, Mollies building
Submission of your completed online application (https://duxpd.co.za/sioc-cdt-2023-online-bursary-application-form/)
SIOC-CDT's primary goal is to implement sustainable socio-economic initiatives through partnering with key stakeholders to ensure that beneficiary communities have sustainable income and are empowered to thrive beyond the lifespan of the mine.